Find a new home

There are many ways you can seek alternative accommodation. Applying for housing through Homes4D&G is just one of the ways that we can assist you to find somewhere to live.

Applying through Homes4D&G

Dumfries and Galloway Council operates a common housing register with our partner RSLs. Dumfries and Galloway Housing Partnership (DGHP), Irvine Housing Association and Home Scotland have all joined up in this scheme - Cunninghame Housing Association properties will be available starting 2018/2019.

In basic terms, this means you only need to complete one application form to be considered for housing by all partner landlords.

Click here to learn more.

Available properties

From time to time, some of our partner landlords have properties that no one is on our waiting list for. These properties come in all sorts of different shapes and sizes so it is worth checking up regularly to see if there is something to suit you.

To view the available properties click here .


HomeSwapper is the UK’s largest property swap service. The service allows tenants across the whole of the country to make a mutual exchange rather than sit on waiting or transfer lists to move elsewhere. It is also a useful service if you are looking to move outwith the Dumfries and Galloway area.

Click here to learn more.

Mutual exchanges

Mutual exchanges are when two or more tenants agree to swap properties. Their landlords must agree to the exchange, and they can only refuse permission if it is reasonable to do so. You can apply for a mutual exchange through your landlord.

Click here to learn more.

You can join the ‘Homes4D&G House Exchange’, a home swap-shop feature unique to Homes4D&G. On this website, tenants of our partner landlords are able to add their own property to our swap board to look for potential swaps in Dumfries and Galloway. As with a mutual exchange, if you find a property that you are interested in, you can contact the tenant who has advertised the property to discuss and exchange information.

Click here to learn more.

If you would like to swap you will need to contact your landlord to apply for a mutual exchange.