Armed Forces Applicants
Homes4D&G aims to assist Armed Forces personnel who have recently left or are due to leave the Armed Forces if as applicants, you meet the following criteria:
- currently serving with one of the recognised Ministry of Defence Armed Forces, with less than one full year to honourable discharge;
- have been discharged from one of the Armed Forces within the previous 6 months of applying for housing;
- have a local connection to Dumfries and Galloway;
- have completed as a minimum a three year fixed term contract, or been/or are about to be discharged on medical grounds;
- are the surviving spouse/partner or a non-dependent child (aged 16 years or above) of a deceased Forces Personnel (either serving or served within the past six months)
Armed forces personnel leaving the service who meet the above criteria will be awarded 75 priority points to their application, on receipt of their Certificate of Cessation of Entitlement to Occupy Service Accommodation being provided. You do not need to wait for this document before applying.
If you are leaving any of the MoD Armed Forces, click here for advice on where you can access help and support in Dumfries and Galloway.
The Scottish Government has developed a guide to assist people leaving the Armed Forces and ex-service personnel. We would recommend reading this when considering your housing options. To read please click here.
You can submit an online application here.